Each year, the Pilgrim Lanes ICYBA takes around 80 youths along with close to
100 adults to Canada to compete in the annual "Junior Bowling Classic." The trip is a 4 day event, which includes a full day
of shopping, sight-seeing, and leisure time, and a full day of bowling. We leave at 6pm on a Thursday in March, travel about
12 hours by coach bus to Halifax Nova Scotia. We depart for home on Sunday morning. Here is the itinerary from 2004:
Thursday March 25, 2004
- Meet at Pilgrim at 5:00pm. Busses depart at 6:00pm. Sharp
- Please do not plan on leaving your car at Pilgrim. It is going to be a busy
weekend there, and would feel terrible if it were stolen. Please remember to have patience this weekend!
- Arrive at Dysarts Bangor, ME at 9:30pm-9:45pm. We have a very agressive schedule!
- Leave Dysart's at 10:00pm-10:15pm.
- Arrive at Calais, ME customs at 12:30am.
- Leave customs at 12:45am.
- Arrive at Irving Rest Stop in Salisbury at 3:25am.
- Leave Irving Rest Stop in Salisbury at 3:45am.
- Breakfast at approximately 7:30am at Smitty's Family Restaurant in Halifax.
- Leave breakfast at 9:00am.
- Arrive at Future Inns Dartmouth, Nova Scotia at 10:00am. (9:00am AST) All
rooms will NOT be ready. Phone number for Future Inns (902)465-6555. (ICYBA/Pilgrim Lanes group)
Friday March 26, 2004
- Lunch on your own
- Possible trip to the Mall. NO BOWLING ON FRIDAY! All 13 games will be bowled
- Dinner and meeting at 5:30pm, at Dartmouth North Community Centre. Cold cut
sandwiches. Back to hotel.
- Leave Future Inns at 7:45pm for Dartmouth Sportsplex.
- Dartmouth Sportsplex public pool/hot tub/sona/water slides 8:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Leave Dartmouth Sportsplex at 9:50pm.
- Arrive at hotel at 10:00pm. Lights out no later than 11:00pm!
Saturday March 27, 2004
- Leave Future Inns at 7:15am for 8:00am start. Div. 3&4 Travel 20 mins
to South Centre Bowlarama.
- Div. 1&2 travel 20 mins to Woodside Bowlarama. Phone number for Woodside
Bowlarama (902) 466-4405. Phone number for South Centre Bowlarama (902) 479-2695.
- Breakfast at Bowlarama. Coffee, milk, juice, donuts. (Optional Hotel breakfast,
on your own, done by 7:00am.)
- Bowl teams at 8:00am, singles at 11:00am, doubles at 2:00pm. (Blue shirt,
black pants, no shorts, please)
- Lunch at Bowlarama, pizza, salad from Greico Pizza.
- Tournament complete at 5:30pm.
- Travel 20 mins. to The Dragon Buffet King. (Sorry, time won't allow trip back
- Dinner at Dragon Buffet King at 6:00pm.
- Travel 20 mins. to Future Inns. Kids get ready for dance, adults get ready
for casino in Halifax.
- Leave hotel at 8:00pm. Kids to dance, adults to casino. (Adults may stay at
- Dance near South Centre Bowlarama. MANDATORY for tournament participants.
- Dance hours 8:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Adult trip to casino, until whenever.
Sunday March 28, 2004
- Leave Future Inns at 6:40am.
- Breakfast at approximately 7:10am at Smitty's Family Restaurant in Halifax.
- Leave Smitty's at 8:30am.
- Arrive at Irving Rest Stop in Salisbury at 11:15am.
- Leave Irving Rest Stop in Salisbury at 11:45am.
- Arrive at U.S. Customs at 2:00pm AST (1:00pm EST)
- Leave Customs at 1:15pm.
- Arrive in Waterville, ME at 3:45pm.
- Dinner at McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Arby’s, Friendly’s.
(on your own)
- Leave Waterville, ME at 4:45pm. We will call Pilgrim from Bangor with estimated
time of arrival at Pilgrim. (Call after 7:00pm.)
- Arrive at Pilgrim Lanes at 8:15pm. (Time may vary, depending on the number
of stops, and the length of stops on return trip.)
Please Note! Important New USA Passport/Travel Regulations!
As of January 2008, all US citizens and permanent residents of the
US will be required to present a US Passport when traveling over international borders. This means that everyone will
need a passport (or a passport card*) for our trip to Canada this year. We understand that this is an additional expense,
but it is out of our hands. Please make sure if you are going to Canada, you need to apply for a passport now.
They take at least 6 weeks to arrive once they are ordered. If you have any questions, go to the US travel website or feel free to talk to Bart, Marianne, or Andrew.
*PASSPORT CARDS: The US government is now producing a lower cost,
smaller version of passports, called a passport card. These cards are just as good as a passport and meet all federal
international travel regulations. However, they are not good for international AIR travel. If you plan on going
on the trip to Canada, and do not plan on travelling internationally by air in the near future, we suggest you order a passport
card instead. The cost is $45 for adults, $35 for children. Details and more information can be cound by clicking here.
The adults and parents of the ICYBA take a weekend shopping trip to New Your
City each year. They spend one weekend in December getting to know one another and doing some Christmas shopping. This is
just one way our organization is very close-knit. Many people are involved, and most everyone are friends. The ICYBA welcomes
new kids and their parents with open arms.